Dienstag, 7. August 2007

So this is how it goes...



This morning I went to the gym with my friend JR. He is a totally cool straight guy I met recently, and he suggested we should go running. So we went too the SRSC, and I have never been to a gym before, really. For the last past year, all my exercises I have done them at home, with videos, and dumbbells. Well, JR and I started doing the usual warm ups and stretches then I run a mile, because I am not used to running so I figure 1 miles would be plenty (which it was) to get me sweating. JR did an mile and a half. Anyways, whole JR was doing his extra half a mile, I went to the weight room, and suddenly I see this old friend of mine, someone I have not seen in more than 2 years. He was acting just like Jack in Will & Grace. I will call him JJ as in JUST J, his name also starts with J. Anyways, JJ saw me, and he started dancing and prancing around me with lascivious eyes, and he is like. Ah, oh my god! is it you Ulises? Oh my god I can hardly recognize you, look so differentlicious,,, blah blah blah... kept on blabbin' oh goodness. You lost so much weight, you look like totally different person, like 10 years younger... blah blah blah... Before I knew it he was putting his hands on my and asking me my number... lol... it was so obvious... I honestly felt embarrased, because I am like new at this place, and he was making such a fuss. Actually, it was offensive, cause in pointing out how much better I look now, and in the way he said it, he was also saying how fat I was before. JJ used to be one of my definitions of hot, but sadly, he doesn't look like that anymore; and it was a bit obvious the tables had turned; not that I consider my self hot at all. I am just trying to get in shape, and be healthy, (and yes, I want to look hot... HAHAHA) but I know I am not there yet. My gym experience ended up a lot different than I expected it. I expected everyone to look awesome, and that was clearly not the case. Maybe I went at a weird time in the day. In regard to the work out machines, I enjoyed everything upper body. But I discovered that what I do at home, in many ways is way better. Just using your own weight, and holding it. I was not impressed with the ab machines, which place too much energy on places in your body that are not your abs. I like the fact that everything you need to get in shape is readily availible. That was perhaps the one thing I found most valuable, but I kinda feel that you have a good set of weights at home, the motivation, and some good videos, you can do this yourself, and save the money of great clothes, and shoes... what do you think?I will go back with JR to run, and maybe do the machines once a week. And as for JJ, now I know how it goes... the superficiality of it all, and the I talk to you if you are hot mentality... I hope never forget to want to be with people for who they are, and avoid the usual judgmental epitaphs.

4 Kommentare:

neciwremy hat gesagt…

I hope for god's sake that you don't have a crush on JR. I could have sworn I was reading a teenage girl's thoughts on Justin Timberlake. LOL!!! I smell a huge crush! *winks mischieviously*

bocetesdeesleno97 hat gesagt…

HAhAHA, I HAD a crush on JR, but I am very sensible about these things and now I just enjoy his company tremendously. I am old enough that I already have been through that alley enough times I know how to get out of it, before it gets out of control. LOL You learn in time to distance your feelings and let them run wild if the response is real. Live and learn... lol

deteotiveellictstabler84 hat gesagt…

That's right! I am still trying to learn! I think I have made some progress - i haven't had a serious crush in months!

mikecrow hat gesagt…

hey, there is nothing wrong with crushes... lol, at least the make you feel alive. I am all for crushes... hahaha the trick is to know when you are having a crush, and when you are falling inlove... the line is very thin.